Stove Top Pastitsio
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Greek seasoning
- Salt, pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt such as Chobani
- 1 lb penne pasta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Buy Ingredients from Yolenis.us
- Prepare pasta according to package direction.
- Heat ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Add onions and garlic and cook another 2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato paste, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Greek seasoning. Add heavy cream and Greek yogurt stirring until well blended. Reduce heat and cook until thick, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Combine pasta, water and ground beef mixture. Add Parmesan cheese just before serving. Serve immediately